:: What Are My Responsibilities? ::
If you take out a student loan to pay for your school expenses, it's your responsibility to:
- Notify your school's financial aid office immediately if you:
- Reduce your enrollment status to less than half-time, withdraw or fail to re-enroll at the end of a term.
- Change your local or permanent address during enrollment.
- Complete exit counseling before you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment.
- Make on-time, monthly loan payments.
- Repay the total amount of your loan, including accrued interest, even if you don’t complete your education, don’t find a job in your field or you’re dissatisfied with your education.
- Notify your loan servicer if any of the following events occur before your loan is repaid:
- Change in your address or phone number
- Change in your name or Social Security number
- Change in your employer, or your employer's address or phone number
- Drop to below half-time enrollment, withdraw from school or stop attending class
- Transfer to another school
- Graduate or change your expected date of graduation