:: Can You Help Me Pay Back My Loans? ::
Repaying your loan is an important responsibility. To help you manage repayment, we offer numerous resources and helpful information about your responsibilities as a borrower and the repayment options that are available to you.
- Stay organized and keep copies of your loan documentation and forms.
- Communicate regularly with your loan servicer and update them when important changes happen. Also, contact them if you have trouble making payments.
- Keep a phone log and take notes, including who you talked to, the time of the call and what decisions were made, when speaking to someone about your loan.
- Research options to reduce the total amount of interest repaid.
- Consider your repayment options or consolidation to determine what's best for your situation.
- Know how much you owe and what you owe to whom by looking up your loans on NSLDS.
- Ask questions about your loans.
- Set up automatic payments.
- Pay more than the minimum.
- Look into discharge and forgiveness.
- Make loan payment a part of budget (spending plan)
:: Additional Resources ::
- How to Manage Your Student Loans (Video), Federal Student Aid